Front desk associate
Company: The Spencer Hotel & Spa
Area: Chautauqua, NY
Front Desk Associates:
The Spencer Hotel & Spa in the heart of the world renown Chautauqua Institution has an opening for front desk associates for the 2018 summer season. This hotel is a one of a kind literary themed hotel with each room dedicated to a different author. Each room has a different theme. Rooms must be committed to memory to be effective at sales. Duties include accepting reservations on the phone, in person, and via booking system, completing check-in and check-out procedures with guests while responding to requests for area information and activity reservations. Ideal candidate understands the use of computers, can assist with social media marketing and sales efforts and is personable with a focus on guest satisfaction and teamwork with other staff members. This position offers a full-time five-day position with minimum wage and room and board covered.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Special Events Assistant (Summer)
APPLY WITH COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Dawn McWilliams | Dmcwilliams@pittsburghsymphony.org | 412.392.4830
**This is a NON PAID INTERNSHIP**
INTERNSHIP PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
– This internship position reports to the Director of Events and Manager of Events
– The Summer Special Events Assistant assists in the design and implementation of special
events in support of PSO operations. The main focus for this position will include the Annual
Gala and Soirée on Saturday, September 15, 2018. Other events may include Parties of
Note, Fundraising Events, Donor Benefit Events, and Cultivation Events. This internship also
coordinates with the Individual, Corporate and Foundation development teams to make sure
that fundraising events complement their efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– This internship is responsible for a main role in the design, organization, and implementation
of the PSO’s annual Gala and Soirée.
– Assist in the research, and development of the annual Gala and Soirée.
– Research, identify, and recommend new sources of Special Event revenues.
– Maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files on all Special Events. Document internal and
external communications that concern Special Events.
– Maintain database of PSO event attendees and coordinate information within the Tessitura
electronic management system.
– Assist in the preparation of all correspondence and reports regarding Special Events for staff
– Participate in Development department cultivation/acknowledgement events.
– All other duties as assigned.
– Two years of college completed.
– Ability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week for the summer in at least five-hour
increments between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
– Ability to work through Monday, September 17, 2018. Adjustments will be made to
accommodate the new fall school schedule. Required to work Saturday, September 15,
2018 for Black Tie Event.
– Previous experience in events and/or catering is preferred.
– Excellent organizational skills, verbal and writing skills, excellent attention to detail, ability to
interact comfortably and effectively with institutional and community volunteer leadership;
creativity a key.
– Interest to gain greater experience in Event Planning and Non-Profit Event Fundraising.
The Wharf is located along the SW Waterfront of Washington, DC. It is one of DC’s hottest destinations and attractions. Including three hotels, many retail shops, eclectic restaurants, lively bars, apartments, and The Anthem, The Wharf is a place to work, play, and live at. In addition, The Wharf has several public piers that extend into the Washington Channel. These piers are programmed by the District Wharf Community Association to hold festivals, events, weddings, and fundraisers. In addition to event management and planning, the District Wharf Community Association also manages the security, maintenance, and marina of the waterfront.
The Event Management Intern would be assist in the planning, management, and execution process of all public Wharf events. These events include festivals, live music entertainment, beer gardens, community events, and kid’s entertainment. These events are free and open to the public, bringing people together and inviting them to The Wharf. The Event Management Intern will gain experience in the following…
- Creating and developing the vision, goals, and target audience for each event
- Marketing plan development, review, and execution
- Event budget management
- Logistics planning of ADA requirements, line management, parking plans, and event layout
- Develop and assess staffing plans
- Gain experience in risk management and understanding security needs for events
- Conduct walk throughs for vendors and potential clients
- Observe contract negotiations and reviewing event proposals
- Coordinating and communicating with hotels, restaurants, bars, and retail for events
- Determine security needs, plans, and observe risk management assessments
- Coordinate equipment orders, sound/AV needs, and stage requirements
- Directly work with the booking of talent, music, and entertainment to create a run of show
- Prepare event layout and flow plans
- Gain knowledge in ABRA permitting
- Assist with onsite event management
- Participate in every/all event meetings and be fully a part of the event planning process to execution of the event
Email your resume to Miss Victoria Hoffman at email@example.com
Position Type: Full Time
Job Title: Management Trainee
Receive and greets members and guests
Coordinates food service between kitchen and service staff
Inspects all linens daily for proper appearance
Maintains all silver and copper service ware items
Resolves member and guest complaints
Assures that all safety, accident and emergency policies and procedures are in place and consistently followed
Assures that revenue control procedures are continually followed
Selects, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates service staff
Inspects dining room to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
Suggests dining room decorations for special themes
Assures that pre-opening cleaning tasks are assigned and completed as required
Assists with service of food and beverages in outlets and for special functions when needed
Assists with table clearing and re-setting as needed
Suggests when additional service supplies and small equipment are needed
Enforces established rules, regulations and policies
May serve as club’s opening or closing manager or manager on duty
Assists in dining room inventory assessments
Conducts pre-service employee briefings
Coordinates any special requests including dietary needs with the executive chef
Report to Assistant General Manager
Establishment Type: Country Club
Cuisine Type: American
Salary Level: To be discussed
Approximate Hours Per Week: 40
Provide Housing: Yes
Inwood Country Club
50 Peppe Drive
Inwood, NY 11096
2018 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The French Laundry Summer Internship Program offers a 10-week, full-time, summer internship at The French Laundry Restaurant in Yountville, California. This internship is exclusive to the dining room and offers interns the unique opportunity to work closely with the service, wine, and gardening team at The French Laundry — in addition to our casual dining properties in Yountville.
As part of our internship program, students are paired with a dining room team member and a manager, who serve as the students’ mentors.
Internship Requirements: Open to all fields of study for Undergraduate and Graduate students—though an interest in careers focused in hospitality, fine dining and wine is suggested. Students must be available full time (50 hours per week) for at least 10 consecutive weeks in the summer.
Internship Details: Summer internships begin as early as May and end as late as September and are paid. Interns are awarded gratuity in addition to their hourly wage. Housing and travel allowances are not provided though uniforms are issued to interns.
Candidates Will Need: A digital version of your Resume & Cover Letter (uploaded as a PDF)
o Please format Resume & Cover Letter with your name based on the example below:
Nicholas Fitch Resume
Nicholas Fitch Cover Letter University Unofficial Transcript
Application Deadline: April 1st 2018 no later than 11:59pm
Email applications to Nicholas Fitch – firstname.lastname@example.org